Dear Parents,
We are currently learning about all sort of measurement. I want the kids to be able to relate what they learn to be able to use to figure out measurement in real life.
The TEKS for this lesson is §112.4. Science, Grade 2. The student is expected to learn about rulers, meter sticks, measuring cups, clocks, hand lenses, computers, thermometers, and balances.
The first activity that I have is called Measure the Teddy Bears. The child will answer ten questions about measurement of teddy bears using units.
http://www.apples4theteacher.com/measure.html
The second activity for your child is a game called Sleuths on the Loose. Your child will help find the height of three creatures from the game. It teaches kids by comparing measurements with inches.
http://pbskids.org/cyberchase/games/bodymath/
The last activity is alot of fun. It is called Animal Weigh In. It is where you have an animal that weighs a certain amount and you have to figure out what that animal ways by balancing the scale.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/mathsfile/shockwave/games/animal.html
I hope all the lessons that I have provided have been helpful to you and your child. I will continue to have more activities soon.
Until next time, Ms. Kephart
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment