Dear Parents,
We are now learning about the Water Cycle. It is very exciting for the kids to learn how water is around us.
The TEKS that I am using for this lesson is §112.4. Science, Grade 2. The student is expected to describe and illustrate the water cycle.
The first activity that I have found is from the EPA. Using this website, you can see how the water cycle works from all different areas. It lets you control how you want the water to go.
http://www.epa.gov/safewater/kids/flash/flash_watercycle.html
The second activity that I have is from the Groundwater Foundation. It is a musical about the importance of groundwater to living things. It is a fun cartoon for kids to watch.
http://www.groundwater.org/kc/groundwater_animation.html
The third activity is from the EPA also. It is a very fun game called Water Sense. It is a Pacman-like game. It will test your child's knowledge of water using behaviors and common ways to save water.
http://www.epa.gov/watersense/quiz/index.htm
I hope by using these activities, your child will have a better understanding of the water cycle while still having fun.
Until next time, Ms. Kephart
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment